Siuslaw Mathematics, Grades 6 - 12
Implementing the Common Core State Standards
Schools, grades 6 - 12 are diligently working towards the Common Core
Standards adopted by Oregon. These standards intricately weave together
the many standards adopted previously in 2009. First and foremost are
Mathematical Practices Goals that students can:
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
goals are a high standard and necessitate a frequent revisiting of our
curriculum, how it is implemented and practiced, how to best progress
through the standards, and how we then assess mastery. The curriculum
alignment displayed on the tabs to the left will be updated
periodically, reflecting our adjustments to these new goals.