Siuslaw STEAM"Whether it's improving our health or harnessing clean energy, protecting our security or succeeding in the global economy, our future depends on reaffirming America's role as the world's engine of scientific discovery and technological innovation. And that leadership tomorrow depends on how we educate our students today, especially in math, science, technology and engineering."President Barack Obama, January 2010Siuslaw STEAM Vision
Siuslaw STEAM seeks to provide a challenging learning environment which maximizes individual potential and ensures students are well-equipped to meet the challenges in the 21st century.
We believe increasing student engagement through STEAM programs, students will gain deeper understanding and raise achievement. STEAM programs enrich our students by providing opportunities in science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics that promote critical thinking skills, problem-solving and effective communication skills.
Siuslaw STEAM GoalsProfessional Learning:
Partnerships and Community Awareness:
- Research and provide professional development opportunities in STEAM education so that educators have the resources and skills they need to provide STEAM experiences to all students.
- Research and develop STEAM Centric lessons and units aligned with NGSS and CCSS to provide STEAM education for all students.
- Increase awareness of STEAM education through communication and collaboration with the community.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with STEAM businesses, industries and higher education to provide STEAM opportunities for teachers and students.
- Increase STEAM experiences and support curricular and after-school STEAM opportunities for students.