The Siuslaw School District's window for receiving Interdistrict transfer for the 2017-2018 school year is April 7 - May 31, 2017. HB 2747 allows School Boards to decide annually by a specific date, the number of student transfers into and out of a school district.
Students must complete transfer requests at both resident and non-resident school District offices.
Resident Students who move out of Siuslaw School District after May 31, 2017 may continue to attend school where they are presently attending until June 10, 2016. Students will be required to apply for an Interdistrict transfer if they wish to return for the 2017-2018 school year. Please update both resident and non-resident school district offices with current address and phone information.
The Siuslaw School Board has approved the release of 15 students and the acceptance of 15 students by interdistrict transfer for the 2017-2018 school year. If more than 15 requests are received, we will use a lottery to determine acceptance.Please remember to complete transfer requests at BOTH resident and non-resident school district offices.
To be admitted to Siuslaw School District:1) Fill out Siuslaw Admission Form and return to Siuslaw School District Office for Superintendent signature by May 31, 2017.2) Following Siuslaw Superintendent's approval for admission, approval documentation from the resident district and an executed Mutual Agreement Form will be required to finalize the admission process.
To transfer out of Siuslaw School District:
2) Return both forms to Siuslaw School District Superintendent for signature by May 31, 2017 for release from Siuslaw.
3) Apply at non-resident district for admission (confirm district's time frame for acceptance).
Transfer status is good for the 2017-2018 school year. Please reapply for the 2018-2019 school year.
The continuation of a transfer into Siuslaw School District is contingent upon meeting behavior and attendance expectations:
- Attendance of 92% or greater;
- No more than one suspension per academic year, no suspension of five days or more;
- No expulsion;
- Transportation is the responsibility of the family;
- Other terms as written in the acceptance letter, to be applied consistently to all students.