Siuslaw Schools, grades 6 - 12 are diligently working towards the Common Core Standards adopted by Oregon. These standards intricately weave together the many standards adopted previously in 2009. First and foremost are Mathematical Practices Goals that students can:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
These goals are a high standard and necessitate a frequent revisiting of our curriculum, how it is implemented and practiced, how to best progress through the standards, and how we then assess mastery. The curriculum alignment displayed on the tabs to the left will be updated periodically, reflecting our adjustments to these new goals.