SEE BELOW FOR TRADITIONAL TRANSFERS BETWEEN SCHOOL DISTRICTS
The Siuslaw School District's window for receiving Interdistrict transfers for the 2022-2023 school year is April 6 - May 30, 2022. HB 2747 allows School Boards to decide annually by a specific date, the number of student transfers into and out of a school district.
Students must complete transfer requests at both resident and non-resident school district offices.
Resident students who move out of Siuslaw School District after May 31, 2022, may continue to attend the school where they are presently attending until June 16, 2022. Students will be required to apply for an interdistrict transfer if they wish to return for the 2022-2023 school year. Please update both resident and non-resident school district offices with current address and phone information.
The Siuslaw School Board has approved the release of 15 students and the acceptance of 15 students by interdistrict transfer for the 2021-2022 school year. If more than 15 requests are received, we will use a lottery to determine acceptance.
Please remember to complete transfer requests at BOTH resident and non-resident school district offices.
To be admitted to Siuslaw School District:
1) Present a completed Release of Enrollment from your Resident District to the Siuslaw School District Office. Most school district have a similar release to Request for Interdistrict Transfer Out of Resident District form from your home district and process; this is the Siuslaw form for reference. Students cannot be accepted in Siuslaw unless they have been released by their resident district.
2) Fill out Application for Nonresident Student Admission - Interdistrict Transfer JECB-AR-4 and return it to the Siuslaw School District Office for the Superintendent's signature by May 30, 2022.
To transfer out of Siuslaw School District:
1) Complete the Request for Interdistrict Transfer Out of Resident District form and return it to the district office for signature.
Students and their families need to contact the new attending district to see if there is space available in their grade level.
If a Request for Interdistrict Transfer Out is granted by Siuslaw, the other district is not obligated to accept incoming students for enrollment.
2) Return a copy of the new, attending district's acceptance for Nonresident Student Admission of Interdistrict Transfer to confirm completion of the process.
3) Return both forms to the Siuslaw School District by May 30, 2022, for release from Siuslaw School District.
4) The Registrar of the incoming school will complete a "Request for Records" to finalize the enrollment process.
Siuslaw School District transfer status is good until graduation except in the cases outlined below.
Transfer students may need complete paperwork each year in their resident district/transfer district.
The continuation of a transfer into the Siuslaw School District is contingent upon meeting behavior and attendance expectations:
Attendance of 92% or greater.
No more than one suspension per academic year and no suspension of five days or more.
Transportation is the responsibility of the family.
Other terms as written in the acceptance letter and to be applied consistently to all students.